About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 24 November 2014

Hollies Advent Calender Box

Good Morning All

Still got the tale end of my cold, I hope it disappears before Thursday when I fly over to see all the family.

I shall have this in my suitcase for Hollie.



I borrowed the Spellbinders little box die from John Next Door before he left for the UK and I cut a load of them, enough to make one of these for Noah next year too.  I cut the boxes in white and the lids in red and green.

My friend Lin lent me a Christmas Cd so I printed the tiny images to stick on the lids and I bought the tiny black numbers from the local China store.
Linda gave me all the big letters in a bag of stuff last week.




I was in a quandary as to what to put inside as I didn't want to put sweets in every box, so any ideas you have please say in your comments.
I put afew sweets in, sultanas, hair slides, balloons, a couple of glass ornaments I bought in Venice.

 So I still have afew empty boxes to fill, ideas please.


CHALLENGES
Jellypark Challenge - Christmas
That Craft Place - AG
The Crafting Cafe - Not a Card










I cant wait to see her face when I give her this box.












xxxxxx
Wendy L

16 comments:

brenda said...

I am sure Hollie will adore your gift Wendy. Don't forget to pack your wollies, it's pretty chilly over here.

B x

Sue said...

This is so beautiful Wendy. I am sure Hollie's face will light up when she sees it and she will have so much fun opening the little boxes.
Sue xx

Alison59 said...

Oh WOW She is going to love this :-)

Val Jones said...

Hollie will be one happy little girl when she sees this. it's really beautiful. Everything small i think of she would probably put in her mouth.
Bye for now.
Love Val x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

What a fabulous idea and I am sure she will love them Ginny x

Unknown said...

Hallo liebe Wendy,
da wird sich die kleine Hollie aber freuen wenn sie diesen wunderschönen Adventskalender bekommt,guten Flug,
glg ulrike

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous , hollie will love it. Love my box die so versatile. Have a wonderful trip x

Janice said...

Evening Wendy, thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Not sure how old Hollie is, but you can buy party bag contents in most of our supermarkets or pound shops over here, or from hobbycraft - you might have to wait until you're back in the UK. Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

JJ said...

Hi Wendy, superb advent boxes, love them and Hollie will love it too. Not sure whether you make jewellery as you could put a bracelet in a box, possibly necklace in another.

Whatever you decide have a great trip to the UK, wrap up warm as its getting very cold and icy here now as well as loads of rain!!!

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

pam said...

Fantastic project Wendy, love the little box`s decorated with fabulous pictures, Hollie will adore this .
pam.

Hazel said...

Love your advent box, Hollie will have so much fun. I know it is more sweets but, chocolate coins are good as you only need one in each box. Hazel x

janna'scraftingattic said...

What a fabulous advent project, she will love it and it will come out year after year. My daughter had a Christmas tree full of little boxes ans we used it year after year until it fell to bits. She now has one for her own children x I also love that you didn't spend masses on it by sharing others dies and cd. Thank you so much for sharing this great project with the crafting cafe challenge this month. Janna DT x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
I want one lol! Hollie is going to shriek with joy (until she opens the one with sultanas lol!)
Hair bobbles, chalk and crayons (you can get small packs in the Range) kids plastic jewellery?
A little message from Nanny in each box too?
Have a great day.
Ang x

Mrs B said...

Hi Wendy. Thus is beautiful, Hollie is going to be delighted with it. What a wonderful idea : )
If you know you are going to have time to shop here before the box has to be handed over then hit the 99p / £ shops for little bits and bobs, jewllery, animals, tattos, foam shapes, stickers, beads, blocks etc.. If you are lucky you might find a 24 piece Christmas jigsaw puzzle somewhere too, a piece in each box adds to the fun, and as it is only 1 piece a day if you put them in the boxes in order Hollie will be able to make it easily. I hope this helps. Have a lovely trip, enjoy your cuddles : ) Take care.

Jellypark Challenges said...

Fantastic make, how cool you have so many crafty friends to share stuff with, thanks for sharing over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o)

Dawn said...

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing your fantastic project in our Not A Card challenge at The Crafting Cafe this month. Have a good trip home!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels