About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 19 June 2012

White Elegance

Good Morning All
Wow we had a great thunder storm in the night, gosh was it loud!!! And there must have been  dusty rain with it as everything is covered in red dust this morning.  John had to go down and bring the cushions off the outside sofa in. So this morning it is all muggy and clammy, so fans going full blast trying to keep dry and cool.  My daughter in law Facebooked me last night and asked if I could send her some sunshine, oh how I wish I could.  But I dont think she will want too much as she now only has five and a half weeks to go and I would imagine she is getting abit uncomfortable. 
I am putting together some CANDY to celebrate the birth and I will bring it with me to the UK in August (to post) when I come over to see baby.  I will post a pic as soon as I have it sorted, so I hope you will all join in.

Todays card I have just completed.  I am putting together some really ornate cards for a table sale in July at the local bar for a fund raiser they are holding to help the local poor families.

5 x 7 card blank folded to  make easel
Wood grain white card for easel back
Embosssed heavy white paper
Grey ribbon and charm from a wedding invitation I recieved last year
Spellbinders Blossom one flowers and quilled flowers
Homemeade pin and charm on inside
Flourish and heart sent to me by Chrislee from Docrafts
Heart corner punch on insert corners
Forever friends large gems
I have just put 'Congratulations' on so that it may be used for any occasion

Challenges-------
Papertake Weekly - Bingo  Ribbon Free Blooms
LEJ Designs # 8 - use something Recycled
Quirky Challenge #  13 - Homemade flowers with ribbon
   

13 comments:

Sue said...

stunning card Wendy, I love the elegant design

Sue

Christina Griffiths said...

Lovely card Wendy and white on white is always so clean. Have a good trip when you come over to the UK later this year xx

Wendy Fraser said...

Wow, so beautiful xx

Teresa said...

Beautiful card Wendy, Hugs Teresa xx

Eileen Ng-Frumkin said...

You are such a wonderful mother in law and from the sounds of it, you are very active in your community as well! What a beautiful card that everyone will get to admire at the table sale!

Janet - aka stacky said...

such a lovely card Wendy I love all the detail on it xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful elegant card Wendy! Jo xxxx

sues craft magic said...

Stunning card Wendy , love the flowers and hearts ...Hugs Sue xx

Miradormakings said...

This is gorgeous Wendy i am sure this one will go quickly at your sale

Joan x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really stunning card, thank you for joining in with the LEJ Designs challenge
Lindsay xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. Something so beautiful about white cards!! Thanks for joining in at LEJ Designs Challenge. Good luck xx

Spyder said...

Lovely card, fab flowers! Thanks you for joining Quirky Crafts this challenge.
((Lyn)) Quirky DT

Caro said...

Elegance indeed, simply stunning! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels