About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 10 June 2012

Shades of Lilac

Good Afternoon all
I wanted to show you this before we go out to the quiz tonight.  I finished it this afternoon and I am quite proud of it.



It is made from different shades of lilac card and a little bit of pink.  I attached lace to edges before I stuck to the fronts and then went to town with embellishments of gems, hand made flowers, flourishes and pearls etc etc etc.  This doily is from a pack I bought in local Chinese bazaar shop for -----------50cents for 50, can you believe that?  No wonder cafes put your biccys on one each time you have tea or coffee.

Challenges-----
Joanna Sheen - Lavender and Lace
Craft Your Days Away #47 - Bingo - flowers, ribbon/lace,gems
Crafters Companion monthly # 25 - Time to Embellish
The Ribbon Girl Challenge - Ribbon or Lace




20 comments:

Helen said...

Wow, that's lovely. Made me think of a challenge I'd seen so I looked it up for you.

http://ccmonthlychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/challenge-25.html

Take a look, I think you could enter this xx

Wendy Fraser said...

No wonder you're pleased with it, it's STUNNING! Enjoy your quiz tonight xx

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is so beautiful!
xx

Sarah said...

A beautiful card!

Sarah x

Sue said...

WOW! and so you should be proud of it Wendy, it's stunning

Sue

Caroline said...

WOW this is beautiful lovely design and colours. Hugs Caroline xxx

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful Wendy, so pretty.
Wendy xx

Christina Griffiths said...

Lovely card Wendy and the lilac is just perfect. The doily looks lovely and I pay a lot more for mine here in the UK.

Lorna said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and detail...hope you enjoyed your quiz

Lorna xx

Miradormakings said...

This is gorgeous Wendy I am not surprised you are proud of it


Joan x

Unknown said...

Oh WOW, this is stunning, it's fab, like how you've used the lace....

Miradormakings said...

Well done Wendy and well deserved for being chosen on Joanna Sheen Daily talent today

Joan x

Rosietoes said...

Very pretty card Wendy. Lovely lilac tones and pretty lace, perfect for the challenge. Thank you for joining us on the JS Challenge.

Edna x :)

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful card Wendy, really girly and pretty but our challenge this week at MAWTT is Anything But A Card not anything but square, I hope you will come back and play again soon
HUgs Laurie xx

Flowergirl said...

This is so beautiful! Really gorgeous card, so pretty.
Saw you were featured over at Joanna sheen! Congrats, we'll deserved x
Wendy x

Ribbon Girl said...

Gorgeous Wendy - love the colours and all of the lace - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl card challenge to add lace or ribbon. Mary G x

paper fun said...

Wendy, your card is lovely. the lace really sets it off.

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

Mari

Teresa said...

Super card Wendy, thanks for taking part in our Lavender & lace challenge at Joanna Sheen.
Teresa x

Jacqui P said...

wow so pretty! love the shape of your card and all your pretty details!
Thankyou for playing along with us this time on craft your days away challenge!
hugs
Jacqui p x

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

A beautiful card. I love the design and all your lace and doily. Wow what a fab price you got your doilys for.

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away this fortnight in our Bingo challenge and good luck.

Hugs Sarahxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels