About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 1 June 2012

Good News

Good Morning All

I have some wonderful news to share with all my blog friends - I have been asked to join the Design Team  on Forever Friends Challenge Blog. I have known for a while and it has been very difficult to keep it a secret!!!!!!
D Day is 7th June for Forever Friends, that's when the new challenge for June starts so I hope you will hop over  and join in.

Now for todays card


Pale lemon A6 card blank
Quilled flowers made from goodies sent to me by my friend ChrisLee over on Docrafts site, she sent me a lovely box of flowers, paper strips to make flowers and those gorgeous green flourishes.  The flowers centres - Chris uses the strips of paper from her paper shredder- A girl after my own heart - waste nothing!!!!!!!
She also sent me some punched border strips, she is so kind,
and I used one as a mask to distress ink the pattern on each side.
Pin made from jewelery stash
Tag and sentiment from freebies on Astris Artistic Efforts - a wonderful blog
Pearls cut from a string and re-used
Ribbon from Joanna Sheen


Challenges -----------
Die Cuttin Divas - Anything Goes
Divas by Design # 37- Anything goes
Fussy & Fancy Friday # 64 - Swirls & Flourishes

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done Wendy.Great news.
Kaz.xx

Lorraine said...

Lovely card, the flowers look great.
Congratulations on your DT position Wendy!
Lorraine x

Sue said...

gorgeous card Wendy , I love the pretty colours and well done on the DT position too

all the best
Sue

Wendy Fraser said...

Fab card and congrats on your DT positions xx

Caroline said...

Brillinat card and welldone on your DT positions. Have a great weekend. Caroline xxx

craftynanny said...

Lovely card! Lea xx

applejack cards by sue said...

Hiya Wendy, I thought I recognised your photo, I think we'll have fun with this team. I love how you've used the embellishments on this very pretty card.

Anonymous said...

I so like this card with the flowers nd swirls, like to see this kind of idea for toppers xx

rosie said...

gorgeous. love the flowers. fab sentiment x

sparklingblackrose said...

Really pretty :-) Happy leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

Heike said...

A lovely card. And again congratulations to you Wendy.
Heike xx

annesyme said...

Beautiful card, love the little flowers and flourish.
Anne x

Diane Louise J said...

Gogeous card, love the quilled flowers.

Welcome... looking forward to working with you on the FF team.

Hugs Diane xx

Flowergirl said...

Congrats on both your DT positions! Fab news.
Beautiful card, love your flowers x
Wendy x

Margreet said...

Lovely card with great flowers....thanks for joining the Divas!
xxx Margreet

Gerda said...

What a great card, love those little flowers! you did a fine job! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! Hope to see you back next week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Miradormakings said...

Great card and well done on joining the DT - you are going to be busy,

Joan x

Anonymous said...

A really pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Divas and congrats on your DT spot!
Helen x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels