About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 24 January 2012

New Home card

Hi all

Afew weeks ago I bought 3 bunches of flowers from a local cheapy store for 1.65 euro per bunch.  I bought them for the individual petals, to take apart and make blossoms for my cards and here are some on the following cards.

Here`s the bunches of flowers -
There are loads of petals on each bunch and I can use some of the leaves too.

This `New Home ` card is a  decoupage of a little bird house and  three of the petals and four leaves used from the above flowers and highlighted with a gem in the centre.

Another decoupage image of a little boy and more of the petals highlighted with gems.
I,m going to enter these in -

Papertake weekly challenge - Happy Highlights

27 comments:

regency jean said...

Lovely use of these petals. Thanks for letting me know about my word verification, I didn't realise it was on !

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super cards ... what a great idea hope you are lovely and warm over there its getting a bit chilly ere ... lol ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Unknown said...

Great use of a found object! Bargain!! Love your cards. Maddy x

annesyme said...

Beautiful cards, I have bought cheap flowers to use the petals and after using them a couple of times they are in a box and forgotten. I must look them outagain.
Anne x

applejack cards by sue said...

Hiya, great idea with the flowers, quite a saving I should imagine. The flower does look very pretty on the lovely 'new home' card.

Unknown said...

I'm on the blog hop too - thanks for the lovely comments you left on my blog. Your ingenuity is fabulous - love your cards. x

sue said...

lovely cards,great idea for the flowers. sue xx

Alizabethy said...

Lovely cards that are finished off by the great embellishments!

MissyG said...

Fab!
Linda

scrappysharon said...

Beautiful and a delightful idea with the flowers...you could also press some aswell so that if you dont use them all you could use them at a later date....happy weekend hopping...hugs Sharon xxxx

Chris said...

Beautiful cards love the idea of the flowers may have to pop to dunelm tomorrow :O) Chris xx

Wendy Fraser said...

Fab cards and such a clever idea with the flowers. xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards Wendy - those flowers were a bargain! Love the way you've highlighted the flowers with gems. Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck!
xx

Heike said...

Lovely cards. And the flowers are a great and useful find.

Heike xx

Lizzies said...

Fabulous idea with those flowers and a couple of gorgeous cards.

Teresa said...

Great use of the flowers Wendy and beautiful cards too. xx

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy, those flowers are great bargain and you've used them wonderfully on two really pretty cards.

Sarah

craftynanny said...

Lovely cards Wendy! Hope you are feeling better! Lea xx

Lorna said...

Beautiful cards,lovely colours and designs,lovely flowers great bargain
Lorna xx

Anonymous said...

These are lovely card but the new home card is my favourite, thats stunning xx Hopped over from DC

Lisa Cornwall said...

Brilliant use of the flowers. Gorgeous cardsx

sparklingblackrose said...

Very well done, lovely project :-) Just leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

Anonymous said...

fab idea thanks for sharing , beautiful cards xx

CraftyCaron said...

I'm a new blogger and i've hopped over from Docrafts. I love your cards and the way you have used the flowers.
Caron xx

Bellasandra said...

What a lovely idea, to use your flowers on your cards. Makes the card even more beautiful.

Sandra x

Cliona Larkin said...

Really fab cards. Love them.

Unknown said...

I have never seen anything like this, it is heavenly, you sure have talent.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels